Diamond Driller Supervisor
Traverse Drilling is recognised through the surface drilling industry as an employer of choice. Since inception, Traverse Drilling has provided high quality drilling services throughout challenging and remote areas. Our current focus is on a large exploration project and an open cut mine located approximately three (3) hours from Lae, Papua New Guinea.
This leadership role will provide mentoring and support to the drilling team across Traverse Drilling's largest exploration project. Leveraging from your extensive experience you will ensure operations are productive, efficient and operating in a safe manner. You will be supervising up to eight (8) rigs including Coretec TDX 1000, Sandvik DE740 and Sandvik DE880 to drill depths of between 1200m to 2500m+.
Your duties will include but not limited to:
- Supervising and coordinating drilling crews
- Anticipating rig difficulties, labour shortages and problem solving
- Mentoring and development of expat and national drilling team
- Promotion of drilling quality, safety and productivity
- Reporting of drilling conditions, incidents and maintenance
- Identifying each drillers' strengths and supporting areas for development
For visa requirements it is mandatory you have two forms of drilling qualifications (Cert III, Cert IV, S1, S2, S3, Diploma, Senior First Aid etc.), current police clearance coupled with proven experience supervising on exploration and/or overseas projects.
Clear communication skills are critical to the role as you will ensure directions and guidance given to PNG nationals and drilling crews are understood.
These roles are on a FIFO roster of 23 days on and 19 days off. If you are looking for a new challenge and an opportunity to grow and develop please submit your resume as an expression of interest.